Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Apocalypse

A few weeks ago I started watching Jericho over my Roku box. It's a TV show that takes place in a small town in Kansas after a nuclear attack on the United States. I started watching it on a Saturday night (shut up!), and by the time the third episode started, I vowed that first thing Monday morning I was going to head to WalMart and stock up on food and water. I did. I also stocked up on a few other necessities (see image), courtesy of Smith's five cases for $13 sale.

What you see there is thirty-three cases of Diet Coke lining my basement wall. Three hundred and ninety-six cans of delicious, joy-filled Diet Coke for me to drink up to and during the apocalypse, should it occur within the next six months, which is approximately how long my supplies should last. (I figure there will be another sale I can stock my reserves back up with by then.) Is Diet Coke a necessity? Well, not technically, no. But would it help to make an unbearable situation a little more bearable? Definitely. (Also good for bartering!)

So, what would you stock up on for the apocalypse?

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I was watching an apocalyptic movie called "Right at Your Door." I couldn't even finish it. It made me too panicky. But it totes made me want to create a disaster kit!

atsirk said...

Without a doubt, CHOCOLATE. (And make up....I mean, why look bad during an apocalypse??)

April said...

Toilet paper, books, batteries (SHUT UP! for my mp3, you pervs!), canned fruit, vitamins...

I don't really believe in an apocalypse, but I don't NOT believe it enough that it doesn't frighten me! haha!

TOWR said...

I also bought a year's supply of tampons (I will ONLY use Playtex plastic applicator tampons [Playtex, send me some free tampons!]), twelve chocolate bars (six with almonds, six without), a 36-pack of toilet paper, and a bumload of AA batteries to charge my iPod with. I'd say Bring it on, but I don't want to tempt fate.