Monday, April 26, 2010

A littla this and a littla that

Basement
About a month ago, work to finish my basement started. Not by me, heavens no, don't be ridiculous! I'm paying people to finish it. Currently it's framed, taped and mudded, and ready for baseboards and doors to be put in. After that it's paint, carpet, and the finishing touches, including the bathroom fixtures. Once it's finished, I'll be moving my office down there and writing the whole thing off as a business expense.

My kiester
I'm on a diet again. So far, not bad. I haven't even really been hungry. Or maybe I have been and I've just been telling myself to suck it up and ignore it. At any rate, I'm already down about three pounds. Huzzah!

The stupidest thing I've ever heard
I read a story today about guys who say they've received revelation stating the girls they're dating are supposed to marry them. PLEASE. If somebody said to me, "I've had a revelation for you; I'm the one you're supposed to marry." I'd say, "Incorrect, sir, and that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I shall not be marrying you because you are obviously full of yourself and have no idea how personal revelation works. Here's a hint: it's personal." Also, this is officially false doctrine. Please alert your friends, sisters, daughters, roommates, etc. Also alert them not to date any tool who would actually do this sort of thing. He would be ZERO fun at parties.

Forcing talent I don't have
I finally realize that I regret quitting piano lessons when I was seven and decided to take back up where I left off. I bought myself a second-hand keyboard and started teaching myself to play using the handy-dandy LDS hymnbook. It's taken me about three weeks to perfect "Be Still, My Soul." I'm still tripping through "In Humility, Our Savior," "Sweet Hour of Prayer," and other groovy hits. Billy Joel, I am not.

Official declaration
My second 29th birthday is coming up in two and a half weeks. I've decided to be 26 again. Spread the word.

No comments: